Rachel Smith is one of our dental consultants. She is proud to be partnered with Bryant Consultants using a “team” approach and personalizing next level consulting for dental practices. She truly is passionate about helping dental practices learn how to implement change and identify areas of opportunity. She is known as a roadblock remover and giver of hope. Her excellent communication skills and past experience allows her to align with practice owners, and also team members, to enforce change in a positive way.
- Team building
- Team leadership
- Leadership training and development
- Improve or refocus dental practice
- Improve communication between doctor and dental team
- Full scope dental practice consulting
- Developing training
- Managing contests
- Dental team member performance reviews
- Customer service
- Dental team member recognition and retention programs
- New employee orientation
- Developing and delivering new employee training for dental team members
- Dental assistant, hygiene, or front office training
- Launching new products
- Developing CE training materials
- Training team leads within a dental practice
- Opening, relocating or retiring dental practices
- Recruiting and hiring; dental team members
- Human resources
- Dental practice management
- Improve patient experience
- Patient satisfaction and retention
Rachel has extensive experience in managing a dental practice, and everything in between. Before joining the Bryant Consultant’s team, Rachel began her career in dentistry 30 years ago as a lead hygienist and lab assistant. Throughout her dental career, she has held the role of team manager, secondary assistant, new patient consultation coordinator, and team facilitator. Her leadership skills have helped move practices to a consistent increase in growth and profitability.
She most recently, since 2014, has become a faculty member and KOL (Key Opinion Leader) at Align Technology where she facilitates more than 100 hours per year. She also contributed to this billion-dollar corporation by developing its treatment coordinator deck.
Throughout her time in private practice, she has been able to learn multiple disciplines of occlusion, pain management, and airway. She also speaks and educates for Align Technology on photography, iTero scanning, and occlusion. She is a highly sought after private consultant to get practices to the next level through the “team” approach we use at Bryant Consultants.
Lecturing around the country, Rachel has presented on important topics including:
- Diode Laser Implementation
- Photography and case presentation at the AACD Meeting 2014
- Proper impressions and great provisionals
- State of Hygiene today at the Yankee Dental Congress
- Treatment acceptance for Invisalign at the Greater New York
- Yes, there is time for an orthodontic exam in Hygiene! at Align GP Summit
- Comprehensive treatment coordinating for orthodontic solutions at Align DSO Summit
Rachel graduated in 1988 with her associate’s degree in dental hygiene where she finished top of her class. She possesses her certification for local anesthesia, Invisalign, and nitrous oxide administration.
Her other educational milestones include:
- Hygiene Mastery, Profitability from JP Consultants
- Esthetic Treatment Planning and Cosmetic Considerations from Frank Spear
- New Patient Experience, Strategic Planning from Dr. Bob Frasier
- Training in all aspects of tracking financial and practice profitability from Brady Consultants
- Entire program completion for Excellence and Practice Management at the Schuster Center
- ACE Meetings for Excellence certificate of completion
- Brad Durham’s Niche program – rigorous first year, intense in-office, and Niche 2 programs
- Prime Speak certificate of completion
- Proficiency in understanding airway, tongue involvement, and occlusion from Amplify by Dr. Ben Miralgia
Rachel loves spending time with her husband and almost-grown girls. She loves to cycle outside and walk her dogs. Being able to live in Texas allows her to travel easily and be outside most of the year.
It is evident that Rachel is not only passionate but also experienced and knowledgeable as a dental consultant. If you would like to learn more about how Rachel can help take your dental practice to the next level, please contact Bryant Consultants by calling (877) 768-4799.
We provide consultation, training, and coaching to help improve the operations of your dental practice so that you can provide exceptional service to your patients. No practice is out of reach for us – we will even come to you!